Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

boddydan
Frequent Visitor

Create a table composed of the last x rows of 3 other tables

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to create a table which is made up of the last few (e.g. 1000) rows of several other similar tables (all with the same column names), and was wondering if anyone knew how to do this as I'm very inexperienced in Power BI.

As an extra requirement I'd also like to add an extra column to my formed table which could be called 'Reference', and each line of this column would have the table name that the corresponding line came from. E.g. 

Reference
Table1
Table1
Table1
Table2
Table3

This reference column would exist so that I could perform filtering and and only show data on some visuals from specific tables.

If anybody could provide any insight on how to achieve this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @boddydan ,

Before you create the table from other similar tables, add a custom column and call it as Reference. And you can indicate the reference you need. Then create the table.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @boddydan ,

Please check if this is what you want:

let
    FilterTable1 = Table.AddColumn(Table.LastN(#"Table1",2),"Reference",each "Table1"),
    FilterTable2 = Table.AddColumn(Table.LastN(#"Table2",2),"Reference",each "Table2"),
    FilterTable3 = Table.AddColumn(Table.LastN(#"Table3",2),"Reference",each "Table3"),
    Source = Table.Combine({FilterTable1, FilterTable2, FilterTable3})
in
    Source

Icey_0-1632205083221.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @boddydan ,

Please check if this is what you want:

let
    FilterTable1 = Table.AddColumn(Table.LastN(#"Table1",2),"Reference",each "Table1"),
    FilterTable2 = Table.AddColumn(Table.LastN(#"Table2",2),"Reference",each "Table2"),
    FilterTable3 = Table.AddColumn(Table.LastN(#"Table3",2),"Reference",each "Table3"),
    Source = Table.Combine({FilterTable1, FilterTable2, FilterTable3})
in
    Source

Icey_0-1632205083221.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @boddydan ,

Before you create the table from other similar tables, add a custom column and call it as Reference. And you can indicate the reference you need. Then create the table.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.