Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

EeeeenieMac
Regular Visitor

Confusing bar chart behaviour

Hi there

My customer would like to select a Customer and then display 4 summary values from different tables in the same hierarchy.  I've written measures for these and a very simle function that returns the relevant measure depending on the selected axis element.  When I display the results in a matrix or a scatterchart, it works.  However, when I apply the same data to a bar chart, two of the measures are not being displayed.

In a previous version of my model this worked perfectly.  Since then I've added another couple of reference tables and it broke.  I've tried to disassemble it to no avail.  I did, however, have to change the relationship direction to Both.

EeeeenieMac_0-1700221406995.png

On selecting the company on the left, the visuals on the right of the grey bar display the measures.  The matrix and scatter are correct but Region & Type are missing from the bar chart.

These are the measures:

1. CostPerTonne = calculate(sum('SiteYear Treatment'[Cost])/sum('SiteYear Treatment'[Weight]),'SiteYear Treatment'[Weight]<>0)

2. cptRegion = CALCULATE([CostPerTonne]ALLEXCEPT(TrustYear,TrustYear[FY]), 'Commissioning Region'[CommissioningRegion_ID]SELECTEDVALUE('Commissioning Region'[CommissioningRegion_ID]))

3. cptType = CALCULATE([CostPerTonne]ALLEXCEPT(TrustYear,TrustYear[FY]), TrustType[TrustType_ID]=SELECTEDVALUE(TrustType[TrustType_ID]))

4. cptAll = CALCULATE([CostPerTonne]ALLEXCEPT(TrustYear,TrustYear[FY]))

and this is the 'switch' measure:

cptSwitch =
var _v = max(cptComaprisonTable[Axis])
return
if_v="Trust"[CostPerTonne],
if_v="Region"[cptRegion],
if_v="Type"[cptType],
if_v="All"[cptAll]5
))))

I'd be so grateful for any suggestions or pointing me in the right direction.
Many thanks
1 REPLY 1
imac
Regular Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.