Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maradh
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional formating for line chart label

Hi,

I have some problem displaying a good line chart for my project :

graph pbo.PNG

I would like to apply a conditonal formating on labels so every 100,0% would be invisible because, as you can see, it's a mess.
Or i would like to have the possibility to hide most of the same value that are consecutive.

I know it is currently impossible to apply conditional formating to anything in line chart and i probably choose the wrong part of the forum to post but i wanted to share this suggestion for Power BI.

PS : and no, reducing the label density isn't a good option, doesn't really work well, even by customize each label value, and do the opposite of what i want : enhance all the important values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maradh ,

I'd like to suggest you to vote for thi idea.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maradh ,

I'd like to suggest you to vote for thi idea.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Maradh
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for the reply @bfernandez

I already know what you say but none of that is a good solution for me

Also @Pragati11, i can't really share data and i already know there is nothing currently available to solve my problem.
The whole point of my post was to share a potential ideas for Power BI to improve

bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Maradh 

Then in regards to your edit, there is currently no feature allowing for conditional formatting on the actual labels.

What I would suggest is going to the Data labels field in the Format tab and use Customize series.

Here, just toggle the Show  so that the labels will not show for that paricular column or measure.

Then, the end user can simply hover over the line to see the important value they are looking for.

LineChart.png

bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can format the Y axis in the Format for that particular visualization. This is set to Auto by default.

Because it is a percentage, try putting 1.5 as you End bound to get the 150% upper bound you are looking for. 

LineChart.png

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Maradh ,

What is the column that is that is shown on the chart in GREEN. Can you share some sample data?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.