Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

dmykins

Comparing Two Columns in a Line Graph

I am looking to have two lines on my line graph, one showing total entries each week over a period of time, the other line would show manufacturers entered over the same period. 

My data looks like this:

RegionChannel# of Entries GainedWeek EnteredManufacturerMonth Entered
WestTrade11Bradford WhiteJune
EastDistribution11No PurchaseJune

This type of data goes through the month of August currently. 

I can graph it to look like this:

dmykins_0-1629746917551.png

This is correct in it shows the total entries in blue and total (cumulative) manufacturer entries in purple.
Ideally I want that purple line to show whichever manufacturer I select, while the blue line remains the same. 

I filtered by manufacturer, but it effects both lines in the graph.

Any help is appreciated! 

6 REPLIES 6
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @dmykins 

Try to use REMOVEFILTERS or ALL DAX codes to avoid filtering the " # of Entries Gained" by manufacturer.

Something like these:

No. of Entries Gained = calculate (sum(table[# of Entries Gained]),REMOVEFILTER(table[Manufacturer]))

OR

No. of Entries Gained = calculate (sum(table[# of Entries Gained]),ALL('table')

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos VahidDM_0-1629774112220.png !!

Unfortunately, it has not. I will upload a screenshot of how the data is set up, but I only have the one table, so maybe that is why? I messed around with trying to get REMOVEFILTER to work, but to no avail. 

dmykins_0-1629817391596.png

Hi, @dmykins 

Can you show the formula you are currently using for the new measure based on the field [#of Entries Gain]?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Good Morning!

I copied and pasted both of the suggested formulas, and messed around with them a bit, unfortunately, they still filtered so I started to just mess with it on my own and ended up with this: 

Total Entries REMOVEFILTERS() = CALCULATE(SUM('Individual Entries'[# of Entries Gained]))

Again, it calculates the total fine, but doesn't ignore the filter. 

@dmykins 

Try this measure:

No. of Entries Gained = calculate (sum(SUM('Individual Entries'[# of Entries Gained]),REMOVEFILTER('Individual Entries'[Manufacturer]))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos VahidDM_0-1629982055426.png !!

No. of Entries Gained = calculate (sum(SUM('Individual Entries'[# of Entries Gained]),REMOVEFILTER('Individual Entries'[Manufacturer]))
)

When adding that in the formula, it is all basically underlined in red with warnings saying parameter is no the proper type, removefilter is not a function. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors