Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrCrow
Helper I
Helper I

Chart formatting issues

Hey friends!  

Trying to make a chart to show hourly load time averages, and since this is a daily update infographic report i want to keep the x axis the same every day.    I have 2 issues, x axis is not starting at 1am like I would like, and there is a strage blank area to the right of the chart.  

MrCrow_0-1682362199656.png

So, the data table has dock in with timestamps.   The only way i thought i could keep the chart formatted from 1am to midnight was to make a seperate small table with just hour stamps.    (did it this way in case there are days we dont actually have trucks that early or late in the day)

MrCrow_1-1682362380340.png

Data is loading to the chart just fine.   But for some reason, there is the issue of the chart starting at 6am, and the big o gap to the right.  

MrCrow_2-1682362462251.png

MrCrow_3-1682362522132.png

MrCrow_4-1682362543258.png

Anyone have an idea on what I am doing wrong?   Or, do you have a better way of getting the result i am looking for?

15 REPLIES 15
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow did you selected show items with no data?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow check page 2 in the attached pbix file, you used the wrong columns in the relationship between the time dimension and fact table.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Nice thanks!   That helped.   But, still doesnt solve the issue fully.   Fixed the relationship, but the graph when filtered down to days that dont have load times early or late in the day the x axis wont stay at midnigh to midnight

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow sorry sharing the file has not worked. Can you take a look and reshare it?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow using one/google drive 🙂

@parry2k Not sure if the share worked.   But, clearing out the function of the min max x-axis range worked.   But like i feared it wont let me set the min range to 1am and the max to midnight.   Any ideas?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow there is something else going on, is there a way to share the pbix file, and remove sensitive information before sharing. 

Not sure how to share the file lol

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow check this blog post Show items with no data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thanks!   But no dice

MrCrow_0-1682365501659.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MrCrow try to turn on "show items with no data" and see if that will get the result you are looking for. For any hour with no value, you will see every hour on the x-axis.

Follow us on LinkedIn and  to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Thanks!   Where exactly is that option?

@parry2k Something interesting i just found.   Was filtering by hour times while adding a card, and it is showing data for the earlier times.   But its just not visable.  Its almost like the whole table is shifted to the left.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.