Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sy898661
Helper V
Helper V

Chart Background Color Formatting

Hi!

I was wondering why the conditional formatting for the background of my chart won't work? Am I doing something wrong?

I want to color the background by rules, but it will only work by color scale, which I dont want.

This is my chart, and the rules I am trying to put in place:

1.PNG3.PNG

So hopefully it will look like this:

Capture.PNG

Is this possible? 🙂

Thank you so mcuh!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sy898661 

i think it is impossible to set conditional formatting rules for Chart visual, sorry.

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
John_Williams

I think if you made the background of your chart transparent and floated it over an area chart, you could configure the area chart to show whatever colour bands you needed, in relation to your data.

Vladisam
Helper II
Helper II

You can insert image into plot area. You have to create it first (I use Excel, what else :)) and copy-paste colored cells area as an image. You have to match the scale of your chart and fix both axes (x and y) for both start and end (not auto). Unfortunately image doesn't scale with zoom sliders (on scatter chart, for example).

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sy898661 

i think it is impossible to set conditional formatting rules for Chart visual, sorry.

LinkedIn

no worries at all figured I would ask, thanks for the quick response!! 🙂

I ended up manually setting the axis scale so it wouldnt change and then putting in colored rectangles behind the chart and that worked perfectly lol

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sy898661 

it sounds a a good solution! glad to hear

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all @az38 @sy898661 ,

I'm looking to do the same. However, I can't seem to locate the below field to configure 😞

2020-06-16_1316.png

Thanks,

Daniel

hey @Anonymous 

Unfortunately I dont think this is possible, or if it is i was never able to find the "correct" way to do it 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.