Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TheBigFrench
Regular Visitor

Change decimal separator

Hi,

I am trying to change the decimal separator of a number, without changing my windows local format, as it is for one table of my report only.

Why ? : because I need to export ONE specific table of the report into a CSV format to import it in my ERP, all the other tables and graphs should keep my standard format.

Standard format : # ##0,00 (example : 1234,33) > it's a comma, used in 99% of my reports.

For this specific table, I need this format 1234.33 (with a dot), so I will be able to export its content to a csv file.

I tried to change in Power Query (using US decimal format), not working

If in PowerQuery I use the Replace Value of a column formated in text, I can do partially what I  want, with to situation that are not good for me : I wont have 2 decimals for numbers like 1234,00 (and I need thoose 2 decimals), and PB won't be able to do some calculation (no more sum for example)

I can't find a way to do it.

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Padycosmos_0-1673645773827.png

You may please explore this by changing both the languages to English (US). I tried changing this to French and restarted  and everything changed into French. As I don't know French, I could not go further. However, it appears that you might have to create a new report.

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Did you try using Locale in the Type in Power Query?

Padycosmos_2-1673642862011.png

Hi Padycosmos,

Yes I tried that, and it is not working.

I also tried by adding a column, and formating with a M formula (but it is not very clean !): 

if MYCOLUMN<0 then Text.Replace(Number.ToText(MYCOLUMN*-1,"0.00"), ",", ".") else "0.00"

So, it give me the right visual and export result, but as a text, I can't avec the SUM off all the lines.

Mmmmh, forget it, I won't be able to export in a semicolon CSV file....

So after the export I would need to replace all the "," by a ";", which is not convenient at all.

So I voted to this idea https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=dcdf502d-c5a8-4bf5-aef0-a9e2df596854, but with only 384 votes in 6 years, I pretty sure it will never be done 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.