Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LLT1021
Helper I
Helper I

Calculation based on two fact tables

Hi all,

I have a question regarding a calculation based on two fact tables. 
In one fact table A there is: Date  - Employee ID  - Name - Number of employees at the end of the month. In the other fact table B there is Date - Employee ID - Name - Bonus Received Yes or No. In fact, both tables are much larger, but this is the only necessary information. These two fact tables have a shared dimonsion Employee (with Employee ID and Name) and DateTable.

I would like to calculate % of employees that received a bonus, so ( # Employees that received bonus /  Number of employees at current month)*100. I first tried to transfer the necessary info for this calculation from one fact table to the other by LookupValue, but this did not work out. Also, I prefer to have a measure, but the problem for me is the mix of the two fact tables.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.