Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BrendaB
Frequent Visitor

Calculating Last Year Issue

Hi again. 

Having an issue with my LY cacluation. I have data in the matrix from 2020-2023 and need to see LY's results number in a column for each year.  The below calculation is carring the same number for each year. I have tried various built in calculations, but I end up with no data in my column. I am sure I am missing something simple...thanks in advance. 

BrendaB_0-1698948861490.png

BrendaB_1-1698949191622.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrendaB
Frequent Visitor

For whatever reason, this is the measure that worked. 

Thanks for the help.

BrendaB_0-1699030793111.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrendaB
Frequent Visitor

For whatever reason, this is the measure that worked. 

Thanks for the help.

BrendaB_0-1699030793111.png

BrendaB
Frequent Visitor

I am wondering if there is an issue because I am using the 'Date'Date Hierarchy'' that was created within my 'consolidatedupload' table, rather than using a separate date table. I tried both of the solutions above, and they both result in a 'blank' (see below). I did drop the matrix in a table form to try and figure out what went wrong, and although there was a total at the bottom, the individual rows were all blank. 

BrendaB_0-1698958442211.png

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrendaB ,
Create a calculated measure with below dax and pull into matrix:

LY $ = CALCULATE(SUM('ConsolidatedUpload'[NetChanges]), DATEADD('ConsolidatedUpload'[Date], -1, YEAR))

OR

LY $ = CALCULATE(SUM('ConsolidatedUpload'[NetChanges]), SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('ConsolidatedUpload'[Date]))
PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.