Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ingo_BI2

Calculate days in stock based on stock value and stock movements/batches.

Hi, 

Like the picture show I have two tables: Inventory transatctions (IT) and Inventory (I). 

The IT table gives me Product, Date, Batch and Quantity while the Inventory gives Product, Date and Stock quantity on a given date.

I want to calculate the nr of days in stock based on this information and this is my proposed logic (assumption: FIFO)

For Product 5 we have recieved 2 batches (20 in Feb and 50 in May) and since we have a stock quantity of 60 on in June we have a movement of -10.

For Product 6 we have recieved 2 batches (100 and 120) and in June we have 100 in stock which equals a movement of -120. 

For Product 7 we have recieved 2 batches (300 and 200) and in June we have 400 in stock which equals a movement of -100. 

Based on the above I would like a table that give me Product, Batch, Stock Quantity. The Stock Quantity should be summarized on Product and Batch. The rule here is that I want the movement to start with subtract from the first batch and then move on to the other (and third, fourth etc etc) if "needed". And with needed I mean that if the movement is higher than the first batch the rest have to be removed from the second batch. 

How would do to fix this kind of report? Do I need to create another table in the model to help me achieve this and what DAX code would you write? example.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
NaveenGandhi
Super User
Super User

Hello @Ingo_BI2 

Check the attached PBIX for the solution, Except "Days of Stock" all the other required column are calculated columns. I made a change to sample data for test case. 

NaveenGandhi_0-1685909753798.png
Play around and test the logic.

Let me know if this helps!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly. Appreciate you kudos!!

Thanks a lot! A stupid question: how do I access the file that you attached? There seems to be multiple files to extract but I don´t see the PBIX.

@Ingo_BI 

Just click on the downlod option as i have highlighted below, that will download the PBIX.

NaveenGandhi_0-1686125061446.png

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.