Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Lu1sT0rr3s
Frequent Visitor

Calculate DPMO

Hello all, I'm new using Power BI and there is a few things that are not clear enough.

I'm trying to calculate a DPMO rate however when I introduce my formula the result is completly different that what I expect.

The math of the DPMO es easy, just (Total defects*1000000)/samples taken

so, anyone of you could help me on this?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Lu1sT0rr3s yes you can group by anything. here are steps, some of these can be merged but I like it seperate, easy to work/debug with

Add new column for defects

Defect = Defect[Class0] + Defect[Class1] + Defect[Class2] + Defect[Class3]

Add new measures for DPMO calculation

Total Defect = SUM( Defect[Defect] )

Total Sample = SUM( Defect[sample] )

DPMO = DIVIDE( ([Total Defect]*1000000), [Total Sample])

You can group it by any field in your table and it will work.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Lu1sT0rr3s you have to share sample dataset to mkae it work. i don't know what you tried and why it not worked.

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k  Look, this is a part of my data set:

Product LineLineQtysampleClass0Class1Class2Class3
AQR Prox RHLINEA 1119201000531
AQR Prox RHLINEA 1119201000813
AQR Prox RHLINEA 111920990220
AQR Echelon Flex 45LINEA 120461200121
AQR Echelon Flex 60LINEA 96701320121
AQR ProximateLINEA 1213440125025429
AQR ProximateLINEA 121344012502638
AQR ProximateLINEA 12144001250361125
AQR Prox RHLINEA 118640800310

What I do for this was create a new column to sum all defects and this works for my porpuse:
Sum Defects.PNG
Then I start to write the formula to calculate the DPMO rate:
DPMO Formula.PNG
so, the result is the following:

Matrix DPMO.PNG

The defects and samples are corrects and totally works for me but the DPMO is not working.

@Lu1sT0rr3s does this make sense based on sample data your provided

image.png

@parry2k It will be possible group by line? It work for me except that I need by line.

can you please explain me how do you calculate the DPMO because really your formula works.

@Lu1sT0rr3s yes you can group by anything. here are steps, some of these can be merged but I like it seperate, easy to work/debug with

Add new column for defects

Defect = Defect[Class0] + Defect[Class1] + Defect[Class2] + Defect[Class3]

Add new measures for DPMO calculation

Total Defect = SUM( Defect[Defect] )

Total Sample = SUM( Defect[sample] )

DPMO = DIVIDE( ([Total Defect]*1000000), [Total Sample])

You can group it by any field in your table and it will work.

@parry2k thanks for your time on help me out to solve my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.