Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kmaranto
Frequent Visitor

Button Transparency Broken

Hello,

There appears to be a bug with the button transparency.  The transparency slider only changes the lightness or darkness of the button and doesn't change the opacity.

Screenshot of a supposedly 50% transparent button shown in gray:

kmaranto_0-1675833391531.png

These are the transparency settings for the button:

kmaranto_1-1675833437279.png

Shape transparency seems to be unaffected.  This is only affecting buttons.  If there is a fix or workaround any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JVN

Had same problem. Turned out that the theme applied a backgroundcolor to buttons as well. 
If you check the Button under the "General" option and then "Effects" -> "Background" it might be turned on there. 

View solution in original post

kmaranto
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I would have been able to resolve this without the pointer.

You were correct, the theme was the culprit.  I'm using the default theme, so, to fix it, I went to "View" > Click the theme dropdown arrow next to the theme icons > Select "Customize current theme."  Power BI then prompted me that Microsoft had made updates to the default theme and provided an option to update.  I chose the option to update and the button transparency works again.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JVN

Had same problem. Turned out that the theme applied a backgroundcolor to buttons as well. 
If you check the Button under the "General" option and then "Effects" -> "Background" it might be turned on there. 

kmaranto
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I would have been able to resolve this without the pointer.

You were correct, the theme was the culprit.  I'm using the default theme, so, to fix it, I went to "View" > Click the theme dropdown arrow next to the theme icons > Select "Customize current theme."  Power BI then prompted me that Microsoft had made updates to the default theme and provided an option to update.  I chose the option to update and the button transparency works again.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.