Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sukram1
Frequent Visitor

Break down calculated share to date

Hi!

I have been using the basics of Power BI since a few months but I am relatively new to DAX. I have contract data and would like to calculate a cancellation rate for these.

These are an example how the data looks like:

sukram1_0-1668664953557.png

This is what I have created so far. I calclulated the Total sum first:

Total = SUM('Tabelle1'[Count])

Then I calculated the share and after that the percentage share:

Share = CALCULATE([Total]; All('Tabelle1'[Cancelled]))
%Share = DIVIDE([Total]; [Share]; 0)

My table in Power BI looks like this and that is working:

sukram1_1-1668665406891.png

But when I want to see the cancellation rate for the particular date, it does not work. 

sukram1_2-1668665589759.png

I then had the idea to use ALLSELECT for this instead of ALL. Unfortunately, this didn't help either and I think I'm a bit lost and don't know what I'm doing.

I think it is a very simple question but I need some help 🙂

Big thanks in advance!

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sukram1 , Try like

Divide(CALCULATE([Total]; Filter( 'Tabelle1','Tabelle1'[Cancelled] ="Yes") ),[Total])

or

Divide(CALCULATE([Total]; Filter( 'Tabelle1','Tabelle1'[Cancelled] ="Yes") ),calculate([Total],allselected()) )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rushki
Regular Visitor

Hey @sukram1 
Please find below the base data, the measure and the two outputs (by Cancellation Status and by Date)
Please like If you find this helpful. The measure is quite simple. It will work automatically with the Yes/No status and Dates

Rushki_0-1668673604669.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sukram1 , Try like

Divide(CALCULATE([Total]; Filter( 'Tabelle1','Tabelle1'[Cancelled] ="Yes") ),[Total])

or

Divide(CALCULATE([Total]; Filter( 'Tabelle1','Tabelle1'[Cancelled] ="Yes") ),calculate([Total],allselected()) )

@amitchandak Thank you very much! This is exactly what I am looking for! It works perfect!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.