Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mueland
Frequent Visitor

Bi-directional filter, SUM issue

Hi,

Trying to understand the filtering in my report. I have two tables where  Table A is my fact table and Table B is dimensions with attributes for WO.No. There are some issues with the quality of the data, so the relationship should have been  1 to 1 (table B filtering A), but for multiple reasons I can’t change as of now

1.png

Table B

Wo.No

Attribute 1

Blank

A

A

Blank

B

C

Table A - All Wo.No in Table A are also in Table B. No duplicates in Table A

Wo.No

Earned

I want the Filtered Table B Wo.No<>Blank

Wo.No

Attribute 1

A

C

So, tried to filter, but then my total “Earned hours” changes. For Each Wo.No it stays unchanged, it’s only the total sum that is different. Any suggestions?

2.png

Also tried with a measure like:

Earned hrs = VAR wonos = DISTINCT ( Table B[WO.No] ) RETURN CALCULATE(SUM ( Table A'[Earned hours] );'Table A'[WO.No] IN wonos)

I think the bi-directional filter is playing me a trick. Really appreciate some input

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

Thanks for your follow-up and sorry for my late reply. Was not an issue with the sum but in addition to having blank fields my table B was also missing values, so when filtering om blank I was also missing out some orders. Thanks for the follow-up either way! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mueland  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Hi!

Thanks for your follow-up and sorry for my late reply. Was not an issue with the sum but in addition to having blank fields my table B was also missing values, so when filtering om blank I was also missing out some orders. Thanks for the follow-up either way! 🙂

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mueland ,

You can create measure like DAX below.

Earned total = CALCULATE(SUM(TableA[Earned]))

Or you needn't to create anything, just change the show aggregation.

3.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.