Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yeonsujen

(Beginner) Calculating the Correlation Coefficient between Years and Numerical Value.

I'm very new to PowerBI and need to find the correlation coefficient of line graphs with years and some numerical value. I've tried to refer to this solution and tried to follow this other solution but I can't apply the DAX formulas to my data and it doesn't give me the correlation coefficient. 

Please find the pbix file with the sample data. I need the find the correlation coefficient for the two tabs in the file. I've used the in-built tools for forecasting and trend lines but I just need a simple card showing the correlation coefficient that can show different values when using the drop down filters in each tab.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone can apply the solution directly to the file and explain in simple terms due to my severe lack of experience and knowledge. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Correlation Coefficient between Years and Numerical Value

A correlation coefficient is calculated between two numeric value columns.  Your year column is monotonous and carries no information beyond "things will happen when time progresses". The average line and the forecast funnel (as you chose) are much better suited for that combination of data points.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.