Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jmateu88
Helper I
Helper I

Avoid filtering a table when selecting another

Hello,
I bring some very basic thing but I did not get to the solution.

I am trying to avoid the filters in a table when a value is selected.... in the other table.
Sin título.jpg

We can see that in the first table, values 'C', 'D', 'E' are excluded and, we cannot see them. In the table on the right, we can see all values because there is nothing filtered.

Screenshot_2.png

After selecting in Team 'A', we see how the filter is excluding in the table of the right the values 'C', 'D' and 'E' which is not desired.

Screenshot_3.png

What I would like to obtain then I select the Team 'A' in the table of the left, is the result of the table on the right without filters.

I tryied with DAX but I did not have success.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
vish_v

Did you try Clicking the value in Table 2 + Ctrl when you have a value filtered/selected in Table 1?

jmateu88
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @amitchandak  for your answer.

Unfortunately, editing the interactions is not the solution because we still need 'filtering' considering the team, which is the first level.

On the other hand, we do want to unfilter the second level.

So that is why this is very tricky. We want to filter but unfilter as well!.

Very thanks.

@jmateu88 , Seem a little bit tricky. see if this solution can help

Power BI Partial Interactions, Selectively pass filter across visuals - https://youtu.be/SFEKQEic_sk

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jmateu88 , Based on what I got, switch off the interaction between the slicer and the second table 

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.