Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

leahschneider
Helper III
Helper III

ArcGIS not loading in desktop

Edit:  I loaded my data onto someone else's computer and it works there.  I think it's an issue with my personal configuration but I'm at a loss because I'm fully up to date and rebooted.

ArcGIS is showing "esri" and the loading symbol when I try to use the mapping.  I tried reinstalling.  I have the latest update.

Screen shot of test data below.  I have a table with one address which I know is real and correct.  It's mapping correctly in regular BI Maps.                                               test bi data.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
apforum

Hi, I have a similar problem, in that I cant even install the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI in Power BI Desktop.

Running Version: 2.48.4792.481 64-bit (July 2017). I have ticked the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI box (NB: its in Options/ Security not Options/Preview Features) and restarted but the green map icon wont appear in the Visualisation list.

I have unticked and reticked the box in Options, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and deleted the cache as suggested, but all to no avail.

It works in PBI Service and I have created a report here with an ArcGIS map, downloaded it as a .pbix file, and opened it in Desktop, but all I get is a white square.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@leahschneider@Justinjla

Please delete the cache folder under:

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF

Just paste above path in your file explorer. It should solve this issue.

Regards,

This worked for me, thank you Simon!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@leahschneider

Try and Copy (Ctrl+C) the Regular Map - Paste it (Ctrl-V) and then convert it to ArcGIS Map

ESRI Map.png

It's still the same issue with mine.

I'm having the same issue.  I can view the native map just fine.  I've checked all the ArcGIS boxes in the settings view.  HELP!

Yes.  I just reinstalled it today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.