Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

THar01
Frequent Visitor

A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception

I'm trying to connect to our MySQL database via PBI Desktop (Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022) using the MySQL connector. I'm able to make an intial connection but then get the "A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception" error.  I'm able to access the server with no issues in MySQL Workbench using the same credentials.  Searching the forom I found what appears to be a solution here: "A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception" -> HE... - Microsoft Power BI Community.  

I've unchecked the Encrypt Connection option, clicked the OK button, then close. But....then what?  If I go back to Get Data and select MySQL again, it's forgotten I made that change and I get the SSPI failed error again. Is there something in File > Options and settings I need to enable/disable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Amit. I had cleared the permissions and tried again but got the same error. The issue is apparently related to using Get Data in the home ribbon after clearing permissions and unchecking the Encrypt Connection option - PBI apparently thinks you're trying to open a new connection and ignors those altered settings. The workaround - in this case anyway - was to just launch a new query in PowerQuery after unencrytping the connection and not using the Get Data option in the home ribbon. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@THar01 , Clear Permission under Data source setting and try.

Also, make sure you have installed the latest version of .net driver

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

Thanks Amit. I had cleared the permissions and tried again but got the same error. The issue is apparently related to using Get Data in the home ribbon after clearing permissions and unchecking the Encrypt Connection option - PBI apparently thinks you're trying to open a new connection and ignors those altered settings. The workaround - in this case anyway - was to just launch a new query in PowerQuery after unencrytping the connection and not using the Get Data option in the home ribbon. 

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.