Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jmalcober
Regular Visitor

Azure sql managed instance mirror to Fabric - Error

Hello Community,

I am facing an issue while attempting to mirror an Azure SQL Database to Fabric OneLake. During the process, I encountered the following error:

The database cannot be mirrored to Fabric due to below error: A database operation failed with the following error: 'Invalid object name 'sys.dm_server_managed_identities'.' Invalid object name 'sys.dm_server_managed_identities'., SqlErrorNumber=208,Class=16,State=1,

when i execute SELECT * FROM sys.dm_server_managed_identities; in ssms i get Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'sys.dm_server_managed_identities'.

The data base is stored in a azure sql managed instance.

Any guidance or recommendations from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Thnks in advance

jmalcober_0-1716702560926.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jmalcober currently only Azure SQL Database is supported with Fabric Mirroring, no support yet for Managed Instance

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelCrocker

Hi @jmalcober  

We're facing similar challenge with Fabric and SQL MI. Very frustrating. Hopefully Microsoft will resolve it soon. 

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jmalcober currently only Azure SQL Database is supported with Fabric Mirroring, no support yet for Managed Instance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.