Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JFTxJ
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to open Pipeline: Failed to load resource - Request is blocked by upstream service

Hello,

I am having issues with Pipelines that started this morning:

Note:  nothing else is currently running on the monitoring hub.

My only scheduled pipeline failed this morning;  when trying to see the details of the "run (through "Recent Runs" or through the "Monitoring Hub", I get "Your request was rejected due to resource constratraints.  Try again later"

Also, I am unable to open (edit) any pipelines; when the editor tries to open, I get a "Failed to load resource xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx; request failed with 429(Too many requests): Request is blocked by upstream service" notification.

Here is the related Activity Id:

Activity ID: 8079fa91-420e-45c1-a15b-0539913bcff1.
/authoring/c2453e4e-60fe-45a8-a3d9-4f9c3082edea

I am also unable to open any notebooks with a similar error:
Request is blocked by the upstream service (Cause=Error: Request failed with 429(Too Many Requests): {"Message":"Request is blocked by the upstream service"})

This sounds like a capacity issue, but since nothing else is running, and this same pipeline has been running every morning in the past few weeks, I am a bit at a loss as to why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

We are using an F8 fabric capacity, using pipelines, Dataflows (Gen2) and Notebooks to extract and process data.

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JFTxJ 

Thanks for raising the support ticket. Sorry for the inconvenience, I observe that some of the users are also facing the similar issue.
I have escalated this to our internal team and will definitely come back to you if I get an update. Please continue using Fabric Community for help regarding your queries.

Appreciate your patience.

DataPne
Frequent Visitor

I am also receiving this error - would love an update if anyone here finds a solution.

ajarora
Employee
Employee

This is due to your workspace capacity running into throttling. It should recover automatically, if the capacity is not stressed any further. Adding @mihirwagleMSFT who is the product owner for the Fabric capacities.

Hi @ajarora ,

Thank you for your input.  I agree with you that I am running into throttling (from the error message).  However, this is the first time that this issue happens after many weeks of using our fabric capacity, and the behavior started on a holiday (Thanksgiving in Canada) and no-one was working on Fabric at the time.

However, using the Fabric Capacity Metric report, I can clearly see that we were overutilizing our capacity:

JFTxJ_1-1697025371743.png

However, even now that the capacity has gone back down below our 100% levels, we are still experiencing the same issue (unable to open notebooks, pipelines, and all dataflows are still failing).

I have open a support ticket (case 2310100040008022) and I am getting feedback from support that there is something wrong with accessing the Blob storage in the backend and that would be the underlying cause of the issue.  I will be confirming configuration of the Azure Datalake storage with them today and I will update here if there is any progress.

Hi @JFTxJ 

Apologies for the delay in the response.

Just wanted to check whether your issue got resolved. Continue using Fabric Community for help regarding your queries.

Thanks

JFTxJ
Advocate II
Advocate II

@dirkdunn when did this behavior start for you?

From my logs, it looks like my issues started on Oct 6th

dirkdunn

Yes, I am receiving this error as well, I hope you get an answer soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors