Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daniels2204
Frequent Visitor

function CALCULATE in Direct Query?

Hi Guys.

Currently I use this code to find the last position of a counter for a team within the same column, which is fed by multiple teams.

The model was in import mode, which presented several connection problems with other DirectQuery tables, I want to convert the table to DirectQuery but it tells me that I cannot use CALCULATE for DirectQuery, how can I find this same result without having formula restriction in DirectQuery

Daniels2204_0-1624890285672.png

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

In calculated columns in DQ mode CALCULATE is not allowed. You can read about it here: https://dax.guide/calculate

You have to rewrite the logic to only use FILTER and other functions that are allowed in this mode. By the way, I find it hard to understand what problems you've had with "other DQ tables." The best and fastest model is one that's fully in Import mode. Also, you can mix and match by creating the so-called composite models.

I suspect that if you create a calculated column on a table that's in DQ mode, the whole table will nevertheless be imported into the model and stored in memory. Am I right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors