Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Francesca-nz

Visual Filter TopN bug? - Only show first record in a visual based on a column

I have a table visual with a column 'names'. I have a second visual as a progress bar chart which should only show a measure for one person at a time: If no name is selected the first name from the table list (ordered asc by name) or the name that is selected from the table.

I have tried to achive this by using the visual filter funtion TopN and filter 1 by name, but it always shows the measure for the last name, even if I sort by FIRST or LAST. I have tried using a numeric column that is sorted by the name column and using MIN or MAX.

It always shows me the measure for the last name. It looks like that TopN in the visual filter setting is not working correctly. 

Are my settings for TopN incorrect or is there another way to achieve that?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

aniketraut0077_0-1678260910442.png

As you can see in the above screenshot by default its showing the sales for first name from slicer i.e. Caribbean. 

Check the below Screenshot as well.

aniketraut0077_1-1678261086856.png

And for the remining names, the visual will show the sales for that name only.

aniketraut0077_2-1678261205378.png

And for that i used the below measure.

aniketraut0077_3-1678261341699.png

in place of firstnonblank you can hardcode the value which you need to show default i.e. in your case its the first name from the table.

if your issue gets resolved, please mark by solution as answer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors