Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show option on slicer if enough data - different rules for different options

Hi,

Is it possible to restrict the visibility for only only one option on a slicer? Other options can be shown if there is at least one row data but one option should have more strict rules. Currently the slicer shows every option that has any data.

Example: 

If "Company category 1" has less than 200 rows data, it should be hidden from the slicer. 

SLICER

Company category 1 

Company category 2 

Company category 3

Company category 4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution for this by creating a measure that checks the count of Company category 1 and sets a dummy filling number of 201 for every other category.  This way I can filter >= 200 for every option. Thanks a lot for the brainstorming @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy 🙂 Have a nice weekend!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous you can create a more complete Measure that generates a results => 1 or 0.   Then you filter for the Slicer can be measure equals 1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution for this by creating a measure that checks the count of Company category 1 and sets a dummy filling number of 201 for every other category.  This way I can filter >= 200 for every option. Thanks a lot for the brainstorming @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy 🙂 Have a nice weekend!

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous  - Here is a crude example of filtering a slicer to show items in a Measure is greater the X.   I think this is essentially what you are asking.  Filter the list of Company Category where the Measure Count of Items is > 200.

DarylLynchBzy_0-1643382248565.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this is clear 🙂 The question is how to set a condition only for one option, for example January in the Month Filter. What if I liked January to be visible when greater than 20 but for all the other months greater than 0. Do you know if this is possible? 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @Anonymous - please remember that a Slicer is just visual, so you can apply filters using the Filter Pane.  If you want a list please consider switchting the Slicer a table and add a measure.  Then apply the Filter in the Filter Pane.  Remove the measure, and then switch back to Slicer.

DarylLynchBzy_0-1643379089222.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy !

I'm familiar with the filter pane but I wonder how it is possible to make the condition apply only one option. If the condition is that there must be more than 200 id numbers, it is affecting options that shouldn't be affected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors