Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Craigc3814
Regular Visitor

Filter If Formula

I have this formula as a column so that I can slice data using it. I need the formula to only calculate when the Curr Phase column = Planning. I know it is simple but I cannot get it

PlanningChg2 = IF(OR(MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[Dollar Diff]>500000, MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[BudgetChgall % difference from BudgetChgBase]>.5),"Yes",IF(OR(MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[Dollar Diff]<-500000,MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[BudgetChgall % difference from BudgetChgBase]<-.5),"Yes","No"))

6 REPLIES 6
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Craigc3814  - would this work?

PlanningChg2 = 
IF ( MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[Curr Phase] <> "Planning",
"No",
IF (
OR ( MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[Dollar Diff]>500000,
MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[BudgetChgall % difference from BudgetChgBase]>.5),
"Yes",
IF (
OR( MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[Dollar Diff]<-500000,
MSD_ALL_CAP_TRANS_BAC[BudgetChgall % difference from BudgetChgBase]<-.5),
"Yes",
"No")
)
)

When the Curr Phase is Planning I need it to do the rest of the calc, when it is not planning I need it to say "No"

sorry replace = "Planning" with <> "Planning".

Thank you that worked but did not solve the overall problem I am running into, I was unaware you could not use measures as a slicer and it is wreaking havoc on my day

You are using this to create a Calculated Column.  The Column can be used in the Slicer?

The calculated column was my attempt at a work around. I have a ton of page level filters that I would need to incorporate for it to work right.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors