Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Robin96
Helper I
Helper I

Nested IF or ?

Hey, i am running into a problem when i need to make a conditional formatting setting, but i have 15 measures for each row in a table. I have tried the measure below, but it only works for the measure called "Serviceavtaler", i also want the exact same for Subsription, but it only allows me to do 2 ifs in the return. Anyone have any idea?

Robin96_0-1674738237484.png

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Robin96 Try using a SWITCH(TRUE(),...) statement instead of nested IF statements.

SWITCH(TRUE(),
  serviceavtaler <= 1, "#FF0000",
  servicevtaler > 0, "#008000",
  <next condition>, <next value>,
  <default value>
)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hey @Greg_Deckler 

I tried your solution, but it looks like the first condition is met in the first row, so it applies that expression to the whole table. i am trying something like this without any luck:

Robin96_0-1674739134557.png

i want it to change color based on the value in the row level. Here is a picture of the measure for the table Is there any way to color format in here??:

Robin96_1-1674739192915.png

@Robin96 Right, the first condition that is met is what is returned. Note, that would be similar to nested IF statemetns. So, you will need additional conditions perhaps using && or something else to distinguish what things get what colors. Hard to say more as I don't know all the business rules.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors