Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bertsolid
Regular Visitor

Measure as Gauge visual filter

Hi,

For our sales dep. I'm working on a report in which we compare the signed and expected (hot) deals against the target. The idea is to have slicers in place to select the status of a deal (for example, "signed, won") and to select if the deal is a hot deal or not. If the hot deal slicer is set to "yes", then the result set should show the deals with the selected statusses + all deals with hot deal = yes (regardless the status). So the slicers combined must use "OR" logic instead of the default "AND" logic. I'm trying to visualize the results (from table Query1) in a radial gauge visual.

To make this work I created 2 unlinked tables with the statuses and the hot deal boolean and a measure "FilterMeasure" with the following DAX:

FilterMeasure = CALCULATE((MAX(Query1[Status]) = SELECTEDVALUE(StatusTable[Status])) +
          (MAX(Query1[HotDeal]) = SELECTEDVALUE(HotDealTable[Value])))
The idea is to create slicers for the 2 unlinked tables and to add the measure as a visual filter with expression > 0.

The problem is that this approach isn't working for the Gauge visual. I can add the measure as a visual filter to the gauge, but I'm unable to set the parameters:
Schermafbeelding 2023-02-15 114726.png
Using the measure as a visual filter on a table is working:
Slicer on status + hot deal booleanSlicer on status + hot deal booleanSlicer on statusSlicer on statusMeasure as Visual FilterMeasure as Visual Filter

For sure the DAX command isn't correct, but I don't know how to write the DAX for the measure so that it can be used as a visual filter on a gauge visual. Or maybe the a complete different approach to achieve the goal to append records to the result set without considering the selected slicer value.

Hope someone can help me out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@bertsolid,

Here are two approaches you might consider. Create a separate measure with the filter logic, and use a Fields parameter to allow the user to toggle between the base measure and the measure with the filter logic.

Alternatively, you could add columns to your fact table that correspond to the two disconnected tables. This would enable you to create relationships (the disconnected tables would become dimension tables in a star schema), allowing you to filter on Hot Deal, for example.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bertsolid
Regular Visitor

Hi @DataInsights,

Thank you! The second alternative did work for us. We created a calculated column in the fact table and created a slicer for that.
CalculatedColumn.png

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@bertsolid,

Here are two approaches you might consider. Create a separate measure with the filter logic, and use a Fields parameter to allow the user to toggle between the base measure and the measure with the filter logic.

Alternatively, you could add columns to your fact table that correspond to the two disconnected tables. This would enable you to create relationships (the disconnected tables would become dimension tables in a star schema), allowing you to filter on Hot Deal, for example.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors