Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dofe2009
Frequent Visitor

Measure Total incorrect

Hi,

I am struggling with a measure total.  My row total is fine but the grand total at the bottom is wrong (just the one cell!) I can see why it is wrong but I'm not sure how to fix it.

If you look at the image you will see that I have planned and an actual colum.

planned is measure summing:-

= CALCULATE (
SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Hours]),
FILTER (
'Activity_view (2)',
'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 2
)
)

unplanned is a measure summing this:-

= CALCULATE (
SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Adherance Hours]),
FILTER (
'Activity_view (2)',
'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 1 && 'Activity_view (2)'[transtype] = 2
)
)

and additonal to planned this:-

= IF ([Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned] <0 , 0 , SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned]))

I have tried this and it actually returns nothing:-

= IF(HASONEFILTER('Activity_view (2)'[UserID]),
IF ([Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned] <0 , 0 , SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned])))

Capture.PNG

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok, this has been causing me a problem all day but ive cracked it.

I created a second measure that uses the first:-

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_1 = IF(SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned]) < 0, 0, [Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned])

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_2 = VAR __Unplanned = Summarize('Activity_view (2)','Activity_view (2)'[UserID],"__value",[Over Hours Unplanned_S1])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('Activity_view (2)'[UserID]),[Over Hours Unplanned_S1],SUMX(__Unplanned,[__value]))

and all is well!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @dofe2009,

you don't get 0 in the column total of [additional to planned] because [actual] is greater than [planned], but because in your if-statement use hasonefilter([UserID]). In the total you don't have a filter on UserID, as you want to see the sum for all users which satisfy the conditions.

Try this instead

Actual - Planned =
VAR _tmp =
    SUMX (
        FILTER ( 'Table'; 'Table'[Actual] > [Planned] );
        'Table'[Actual] - 'Table'[Planned]
    )
RETURN
    IF ( ISBLANK ( _tmp ); 0; _tmp )

The code between VAR and RETURN is not neccessary, it is just there to make to code cleaner and easier to read, as you only need to write the SUMX-part once.

Hi,

I am struggling somewhat with this, i have tried your suggestion but my values are measures they aggregated  rows together first.

I tried your with the measures and with the full syntax as if the measure didn’t exist but i can’t get it working.

the measure for actual and planned is below...

Over Hours Actually Worked = CALCULATE (
    SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Adherence Hours]),
    FILTER (
        'Activity_view (2)',
        'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 1 && 'Activity_view (2)'[transtype] = 2
    )
)

Over Hours Planned = CALCULATE (
    SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Hours]),
    FILTER (
        'Activity_view (2)',
        'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 2
    )
)

I need a way of taking one from the other (if actual is greater than 0 then show a value else 0) and this works using the below measure it’s just all the totals are 0?  it’s got me stuck!

This is another way I have tried, and it again works for the row but not the total...

Over Hours Unplanned = IF ([Over Hours Actually worked] - [Over Hours Planned] <0 , 0 , [Over Hours Actually worked] - [Over Hours Planned])

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

ok, this has been causing me a problem all day but ive cracked it.

I created a second measure that uses the first:-

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_1 = IF(SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned]) < 0, 0, [Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned])

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_2 = VAR __Unplanned = Summarize('Activity_view (2)','Activity_view (2)'[UserID],"__value",[Over Hours Unplanned_S1])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('Activity_view (2)'[UserID]),[Over Hours Unplanned_S1],SUMX(__Unplanned,[__value]))

and all is well!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors