Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GrayGunn5
Frequent Visitor

Matrix visual tooltip to show values

I have a table of elements such as:

crossmatrix elements.jpg

Each person can have multiple categories. From this table I have managed to create a matrix like this:

crossmatrix.jpg

In order to achieve this (with help from this forum) I used the following Measure to aggregate the numbers:

Measure = if(VALUES(Classification[Classification])=VALUES(Classification_dup[Classification]),0,CALCULATE([People],CALCULATETABLE(SUMMARIZE(VALUES(Data[IdPerson]),Data[IdPerson]),ALL(Classification),USERELATIONSHIP(Data[Classification],Classification_dup[Classification]))))

I am now struggling with trying to create a tooltip that shows the Name (or ID) of the people in each cell, i.e. I want to create something that liiks like this:

crossmatrix tooltip.jpg

The mock up file is attached below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2wrw6zowwjzxs0/Cross%20matrix%20example%20post.pbix?dl=0 

I would be very grateful for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Try a CONCATENATEX iterator over your CALCULATETABLE (instead of using it as a filter) for the measure to use in the tooltip.

CONCATENATEX ( _SharedIds, "ID: " & Data[IdPerson] & UNICHAR ( 10 ) )

AlexisOlson_0-1666465975792.png

See attached.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Try a CONCATENATEX iterator over your CALCULATETABLE (instead of using it as a filter) for the measure to use in the tooltip.

CONCATENATEX ( _SharedIds, "ID: " & Data[IdPerson] & UNICHAR ( 10 ) )

AlexisOlson_0-1666465975792.png

See attached.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors