Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line and stacked column chart does not filter everything that's need to be filtered

So, we have the separate table "At risk parts"(no relationships with any other table) which the visual should be based on this:

Table.png

And a chart that was requested should look like this (3 distinct count of projects on left axis, 3 at risk parts on right axis): 

2.png

3.png

"At risk parts" here is a measure based on other table(s).

The problem:
- Whenever I filter the dashboard the visual should get filtered, too. It gets, but partly. "Line values" part gets filtered fine (whenever I slice, values change as they supposed to), but the "Column Series" and "Column Values" parts of the visual stay the same. How do I get them filtered, too? Is there any DAX measure to help with? I watched a couple of videos on YouTube but didn't get it

thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

(no relationships with any other table)

How do you expect it to get filtered without a relationship?

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the other thing is that it has no unique values to create a relationship in the first place:(

Where I come from we call this "wash me but don't make me wet"

Anonymous
Not applicable

And how do we solve this problem with getting wet and washed?

by creating a relationship between tables where filters in one table can impact the rows in the other table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One side gets filtered without relationships with a measure

Can't it be the case on the other?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors