Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

perezco
Advocate III
Advocate III

Is possible to show One Metric with details and rest simple by using Dax functions ?

Hello,

I need to show measures dynamically in Grid or Matrix visual, I have a set of data with over 20+ Metrics precalculate in SQL.

Those measures come from different Fact tables and it is with tabular data.

Based on from audience request I am looking to see if can be possible to do this: Using Dynamic Slicer show in the front one measure with some extra analisis (frame in blue) then keep showing the rest of the other measures simple as thier value come.

I am be able to change dynamically the blue frame but I wondering if it is possible to show the rest of the measures.

I am looking to do it in DAX but let please know if this can be done under Dax or under Query Editor but my preference is under dax.

For example from the slicer metric selection I choose metric A.
This one show all the details related variance, vol, vol% , impact, etc. but then rest of the metrics not select show next the metric selected it.

cluster.1590531736.png

Then if Metric B is select show the details and rest of the metrics simple.(metric b is back wit rest of the metrics)

cluster.1590531839.png

If the Metric c is select the that change in the blue frame and now metric B and metric A are back wit the rest of the metrics

Apprecite your advice and guide.

5 REPLIES 5
stevedep
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can look at this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Chart-of-Accounts-Totalling/m-p/1135767#M1692...

Put the columns (that are specified in a separate table) in a hierarchy. Put this hierarchy in a slicer to determine what is shown in the display. 

Please mark as solution if this is what you are looking for.

Kind regards,

Steve. 

thanks but.. mmm not sure if this will work... because I need in the same table not spliting in two tables.

Doing two tables separate will run the risk that one side of the table does not brings value for one agent...it  will not visible in the one of the table at be separate.
What I need to think is to pickup the value from the metric selection and storage in a variable where It will be the one be exclude from the metric list..

I have difficulty understanding your requirements.

This is about to rotate the list of measures from the table.
One at that time, the measure selected will have more details on the metric itself such as: their Impact, Denominator_Volume %, and variance percentage. Next to those details the rest of the measures will still show at the Right of the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors