Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mr_Stern
Frequent Visitor

Identify data not used/matched

I work with a number of large reconciliations where I have to match then entries from one table (actual) to the entires in several other tables (source).  

There are a few items I need to accomplish in this process.

1)  I need to identify in Source, the corrisponding row in Actual

2)  I need to identify in Actual, What row has been used in Source

3)  I need to identify in Actual, What rows are not included in Source

4)  As a complication, the value in Actual will always be 100% of the value, however the Source, could be made up of two rows. (see Transaction 303 in the below example)

As an example below I will just use one source, though it really comes from four.

Source Data                                                                   Actual Data

Row        Transaction       Value                                     Transaction                 Value

1               101                   200                                        101                             200

2               102                   150                                        420                             275

3               103                   125                                        104                              200

4               104                   200                                         300                              180

5                300                  180                                         303                              750

6                301                   250                                        103                              125

7                303                   500

8                303                   250

9                420                   275

My problems are below:

1)  I need to identify in Source, the corrisponding row in Actual

If I do a 'lookupvalue' in Actual in transactions, I can ID the row, however when I run into transaction 303, I need to identify the result as both row 7 &  row 8.  any thoughts?

2)  I need to identify in Actual, What row has been used in Source

I can just to a 'lookupvalue' in Source to actual using the row that has just been identified. in step 1.

3)  I need to identify in Actual, What rows are not included in Source

Looking at it, step two would then provide me the results needed through no results.

So I guess I am looking to resolve my issue in step 1, and then if any other ideas or insights would be great.

My data sets are a few  thousand lines long, and there are more complexities than this, however it is a good starting point.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Stern Not sure if I understood it correctly but to start with create this calculated column in your source table 

IsInActual = 
VAR _totalByTransaction = CALCULATE(SUM(Source[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Source,Source[Transaction]))
VAR _check = LOOKUPVALUE(Source[Transaction],Actual[Transaction],Source[Transaction],Actual[Value],_totalByTransaction)
RETURN IF(_check <> BLANK(),"Exist","Does not exist")

I'm doing the lookup of transaction and total value per transaction in actual table. This way transaction 303 does exist in actual. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.