Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jawilson808
Helper I
Helper I

Filtered Value

Hi there!

I am looking for assistance with creating a dax. What I am trying to accomplish is allow users to toggle on and off data within a line/column chart. I have created a table of the measures that i would like them to ultimately select the values to be shown within the illustration (Budget, forecast, sales, etc.). I found a dax that calculates the value based on the selection. However, I am running into an issue as to when multiple values are selected. 

To keep it simple the following formula works great. 

switch(LASTNONBLANK(_VisibleMeasures[Column1],"Blank"),"Budget Revenue",[Budget Revenue]))

this valule is dropped within the column valules on the column chart. If the Budget revenue is selected within the filters, the column shows, if nothing is selected it disappers.  Exactly what I desire.

But the end goal would to be able to have multiple values as such:
Value 1:switch(LASTNONBLANK(_VisibleMeasures[Column1],"Blank"),"Budget Revenue",[Budget Revenue]))
Value 2:switch(LASTNONBLANK(_VisibleMeasures[Column1],"Blank"),"Forecast Revenue",[Forecast Revenue]))
Value x:switch(LASTNONBLANK(_VisibleMeasures[Column1],"Blank"),"x",[x]))

Once the user selects 1 or multiple values, only the desired values show, however I am having no success. I have attemplted a formula with hasonevalue, but their can be multiple values. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope this make sense.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jawilson808
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to solve this by adding a table for the values I wanted to be selected within the ullustration. Then i used the following dax based on the selection. 

Visible Budget Revenue = var logicTest= countrows(distinct(filter(allselected(_VisibleMeasures[Visible Measures]),_VisibleMeasures[Visible Measures]="Budget Revenue")))=1 return if(LogicTest,[Budget Revenue],blank())

The dax was replicated for each of the measures that a user could select in the illustration. The only downside is that all possible possible measures will show even if not selected. I guess the upside to this illustrates what can be included with  visualizationimage.pngimage.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jawilson808
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to solve this by adding a table for the values I wanted to be selected within the ullustration. Then i used the following dax based on the selection. 

Visible Budget Revenue = var logicTest= countrows(distinct(filter(allselected(_VisibleMeasures[Visible Measures]),_VisibleMeasures[Visible Measures]="Budget Revenue")))=1 return if(LogicTest,[Budget Revenue],blank())

The dax was replicated for each of the measures that a user could select in the illustration. The only downside is that all possible possible measures will show even if not selected. I guess the upside to this illustrates what can be included with  visualizationimage.pngimage.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors