Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

THENNA_41
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to make make inactive relationship to active

i have Four tables Month and TWT-PL ,PL,MX .   PL and MX both  table have fileds tobacco weight and month . i am trying to make realtioship but  getting  inactive mode 

TWT-PL (Tobacco weight target)  -  MX (Tobacco weight target)

TWT-PL(Tobacco weight target)   -   PL(Tobacco weight target)

Month Filter (Month) - > PL(Month)

Month Filter(Month) - > MX(Month)

only few relationship  will be active . i want to make all relationship  active . i am trying USERELATIONSHIP measure but not wokring . any Idea 

THENNA_41_0-1629181315396.png

7 REPLIES 7
Radhika2605
Helper II
Helper II

Are these relationships bi-directional?  Make them single direction (1:many) and it should work.

If you still can't activate the relatioship then is it throwing some error ? Can you please check and send a screenshot of the error?

If doing above still doesn't work them the only option left is ti use DAX functions like you used. Can you please send me your userelationship measure as to how you are using it, it could be something wrong in the formula which might be causing issue.

Thanks

Radhika

please find the below error screen shot 

THENNA_41_0-1629208478125.png

Measure FOR Mx = SELECTCOLUMNS('MX(CIGATAM)',"Tobbaco weight",[Tobacco Weight Target])

Measure for INACTIVE values = CALCULATE([Measure FOR Mx],USERELATIONSHIP('MX(CIGATAM)'[Tobacco Weight Target],'TWT -MX'[Tobacco Weight target])
)

i have updated with measure also .

Hi, 

This measure looks fine to me. Are you expecting that the relationship which you have created using this measure will change the relationship from Inactive to Active in model. If so then this is not the case. What this measure does is that when there is an inactive relationship but if you still want to create relation for some calculation then you can use this USERELATIONSHIP function which creates a relation using DAX (not in the model but on the back end for calculation purpose only).

Essentially, USERELATIONSHIP function specifies the relationship to be used in a specific calculation as the one that exists between columnName1 and columnName2. It will not convert the relationships in model.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Radhika

Radhika2605
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

You can right click on the relationship icon (shown in red in screenshot) and choose Properties and in the pop there will a option in the end to activate relationship.

Radhika2605_0-1629185261819.png

Mark it as a solution if I answered your question.

Apologies the second screenshot didnt load, 

Once you click on Properties then this pop will show and you can activate relationshio.

Radhika2605_0-1629185382387.png

Mark it as a solution if I answered your question.

Thanks

Radhika

tired  but once i click activate button ok button diabled 

i have the same issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors