Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tools12345
Helper I
Helper I

How to hide a value in a row

Hello BI Community, I would like to ask for your insights, how can we be able to hide a specific value in a row for just a specific week column? Below image with top table (current) and bottom table (ideal result we want to achieve)
Tried to consider conditional formatting but it is not workable on our current case. Hope you can share some thoughts. Will greatly appreciate it. Thank you! 

powerbi row.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please check the below picture and the attached pbix file if it suits your requirement?

Untitled.png

New Measure: = 
IF (
    (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Currency] ) = "Indonesian Rupiah"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Currency] ) = "CNY"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Currency] ) = "Pesos"
    )
        && SELECTEDVALUE ( data[CB - Wk] ) = "Jul - W27",
    BLANK (),
    SUM ( data[amount_balance] )
)

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

Hi, 

Please try to replace the measure with the below.

Picture1.png

IF (
    (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary a"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary b"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary c"
    )
    "",
)

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

One of ways to achieve this is to write a measure something like below.

A new measure: =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Dates Table'[month-week column] ) = "Jul-W27",
    BLANK (),
    [Your initial measure]
)

If the visualization shows TOTAL, it has to be written in a different way based on how you want to show. But for now, please try the above and please share the outcome if it works or not.

Thanks.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi @Jihwan_Kim thank you so much for the insights, tried the measure suggested above but it still displays the value under W27 on the matrix table. We would like to hide the value of W27 but still display the succeeding weeks' values from W28, W29, and onwards. Any other options we can achieve that? Thank you!

Hi,

thank you for your message.

Please share your sample pbix file's link here, and then I can try to have a look to come up with a more accurate solution.

Thanks.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi @Jihwan_Kim please see link to download the sample pbix file, thank you! 

Hi,

thank you for your sharing, and please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I created a measure to achieve the requirement.

Untitled.png

IF (
    BLANK (),
)

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi @Jihwan_Kim it works perfect!! One last thing, how can I add the other currencies to make it blank as well to the measure? Apologies, still new in learning PBI. Thank you!! 

Hi,

Could you please check the below picture and the attached pbix file if it suits your requirement?

Untitled.png

IF (
    (
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Currency] ) = "CNY"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Currency] ) = "Pesos"
    )
    BLANK (),
)

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi, Sir @Jihwan_Kim hope you're well! I hope I can make a follow-up inquiry to ask for your help regarding: the first measure provided above. Is there any way we can update it? I have reattached sample test file link here for further checking. t

Below measure I have applied and it totally remove the W27 column instead of just hiding the values for each subsidiary. 

Appreciate your further insights. Thank you! 

New Measure: = IF ( ( SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary a" || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary b" || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary c" ) && SELECTEDVALUE ( data[CB - Wk] ) = "Jul - W27", BLANK (), SUM ( data[amount_balance] ) ) 

Hi,

I am not sure how your expected outcome looks like, but I think your measure hides everything on W28. Because there are only subsidiary a, b, and c. 

Could you please let me know how is your expected outcome looks like?

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi Sir @Jihwan_Kim, the output we are expecting is just to hide the values of each subsidiary under W27 but still be able to display the column header W27. The above measure hides everything under W27 and just display the W28 directly. Hope the below image helps. Thank you!

powerbi hide week column.png

Hi, 

Please try to replace the measure with the below.

Picture1.png

IF (
    (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary a"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary b"
            || SELECTEDVALUE ( data[Subsidiary] ) = "subsidiary c"
    )
    "",
)

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thank you so much, Sir @Jihwan_Kim!! Works perfectly! 🙌🏻 You're a blessing! Thank you again! 🙇🏻‍♀️🙏🏻

Thank you so much @Jihwan_Kim - it works perfectly! Thanks a lot!! 🙏🏻

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the week columns in that matrix are values from the same column or each week is a different column?

Hi @Anonymous the week column is a different column, we would like to just hide the value of W27 but still display the succeeding weeks' value from W28, W29, and onwards. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors