Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pmthu

How to find duplicated data in first column based on second column and show result as Status

Hi All,

I have one thing to solve.I want to add new column as "Complete or Not" deponding on Action Column.If one date have sign_in and sign_out,data in new column is "Complete" for that date.

Pls help me.

pmthu_0-1637647527965.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmthu ,

Try this DAX formula.

Column = 
var _distinct = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[action]),filter(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[date]),'Table'[action]<>BLANK()))
return
IF(_distinct=2,"complete","not")

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmthu ,

Try this DAX formula.

Column = 
var _distinct = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[action]),filter(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[date]),'Table'[action]<>BLANK()))
return
IF(_distinct=2,"complete","not")

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
rbriga
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I would take it to Power Query to prepare the data for this.

What I'm doing here is:

1. Adding an "In" and an "Out" columns to flag the action of the row.
  2. Grouping By Name and Date to get a single row for each Name+Date combination; "In" and "Out" would show 1 if there was a sign-in and sign-out for this combination, respectively.
  3. Adding a column that checks if, for each Name+Date combination, there were both a sign-in and sign-out; if so, "Complete".

let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Employer Name", type text}, {"date", type datetime}, {"Action", type text}}),
#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "In", each if [Action] = "sign_in" then 1 else null),
#"Added Conditional Column1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Conditional Column", "Out", each if [Action] = "sign_out" then 1 else null),
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Conditional Column1", {"Employer Name", "date"}, {{"Signed In", each List.Max([In]), type nullable number}, {"Signed Out", each List.Max([Out]), type nullable number}}),
Complete = Table.AddColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Complete", each if [Signed In] = 1 and [Signed Out] = 1
then "Complete"
else "Incomplete")
in
Complete

-------------------------
Data analyst by day, hockey goalie by night.
Did I help? Then please hit that "kudos" or "accept as a solution" button!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors