Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrew_na_lang
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to connect ASANA API to POWER BI

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect ASANA to Power BI via API. 

To connect Asana to Power BI and retrieve task history, please follow these steps:

1. Open Power BI Desktop or navigate to Power BI online (Power BI Service).

2. In Power BI Desktop, click on "Get Data" from the Home tab, and in Power BI Service, click on "Get Data" in the navigation pane.

3. In the "Get Data" window, search for "Asana" in the search bar.

4. Select the "Asana" connector from the search results.

5. In the Asana connector window, you will be prompted to enter your Asana API key.

6. Paste your Asana API key into the appropriate field in the Asana connector window.

7. Click on "Connect" to establish the connection between Power BI and Asana using your API key.

8. Once the connection is established, you will be able to select the tables or entities you want to import from Asana, such as projects, tasks, stories, etc.

9. Choose the specific tables you need, including the task and story tables.

10. Click on "Load" to import the selected data into Power BI.

This is what CHATGPT told me to do, but it didn't work. Has someone tried this before? 

4 REPLIES 4
jsonn76

Probably has more to do with how you or your organization authenticate/login to Asana. For me it works by doing all of those steps, but posting the URL of the desired team or portfolio instead of the API key, but then I have organizational SSO.

technolog
Super User
Super User

I hope this message finds you well. I've noticed that this solution remain unresolved. If any of you have managed to find a resolution to the issue, I kindly request that you share your solution for the benefit of the entire community. Alternatively, if you're still facing challenges, please do let us know as well.

Your insights and updates will greatly assist others who might be encountering the same challenge.

Ostap

I have an issue getting the data using that Asana (beta) connection. It takes sooooo long, and it can even log out without getting the data from Asana or just stop responding at all. Does anybody know what's wrong with this connection and how to make it work well?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

but it didn't work

Please be more specific.  Seems to work ok.

lbendlin_0-1686436610009.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors