Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Needed - DAX Measure for Financial Summary Visualization

Hi PBI Community

I'm new to PBI, not very comfortable with advanced DAX measures, hence asking for help. Example show as below,

I want to display the list of values in my new summary report. Data coming from two tables actual (data source - SQL) and budget (excel). I've created a dummy screenshot for better understanding. Please don't follow the values, it is just for explanation purposes.

1. Picture - My final vizualisation metrics

This is the ultimate view i'm looking forThis is the ultimate view i'm looking for

2. Picture of database

Database modelDatabase model

3. This is what I've achieved so far. I've unpivoted the budget data and made some model changes, nothing producing me the final outcome closer to Picture 1. I've created some measures but it is not showing me by week value rather it is summing up, something like this. Again not in an exact format what I'm looking for. The column highlighted in Red is not showing me with the correct figure, maybe my DAX formula needs some tweak. My aim is to attain the yellow figure which gives me the correct value by week

Current.png

Week to Date Sales DAX Measure = [

var CurrentDate=LASTDATE(DATES[Date])
var DayNumberOfWeek=WEEKDAY(LASTDATE(DATES[DATE]),3)
return
CALCULATE(
SUM(Budget_Volume[Quantity]),
DATESBETWEEN(
DATES[Date],
DATEADD(
CurrentDate,
-1*DayNumberOfWeek,
DAY),
CurrentDate))

Ultimately, my objective is to create a summary report with actual, budget and previous year figures to be filtered by week number displayed next to a week or by the filter. Also Cumulative and Cumulative Variances in different columns a shown in picture 1.

I appreciate your help in assisting me with the custom visualization

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors