Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Touaibia
Frequent Visitor

Error message with the calculate function

Hello everyone,

I have a date model with :

Sales table 

Product table 

Customer table 

In my company we have 24 products that we are pushing and I want to know how many customer purchased this 24 products.

I have a column in my product table which contains two values " Yes" , "No". Yes, refers to all these strategic products.

I tried this approach:   

At first I calculate the this measure     

NB 24 Refs = 

CALCULATE(

DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales_Table[IdProduct]), 

Product_table = "Yes")

With this formula when I set up a table with all my customers I can see how many products of my 24 strategic products each costumer had purchased at least one time. and all is OK

Now here my issue, in another page I want to set up a broader vision where each sales rep could see how many of his customers have purchased the 24 products.

Soo I tried this formula:   at the first shot I calculated the 24_status : if( [nb 24 refs] = 24 , "On target","Below target")  and it works perfectly.

Now the final formula : 

CALCULATE(

DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales_Table[IdCustomer]),

[24_status]="On target")

And I get this error message: 

A function 'CALCULATE' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed.

I’m stuck on this issue and I can't find a solution, any advice or tip to solve this problem?

Tnx

7 REPLIES 7
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Touaibia 

It'd be better if you shared the sample of your data, right now it's not that clear.

Try this:

Measure = 
Var _A = filter(Addcolumns(Values(Sales_Table[IdProduct]),"No.24P",calculate(Countrows(Product_table),filter(Product_table,Product_table[Product_table]="Yes"))),[No.24P]=24)
return
COUNTX(_A,[No.24P])

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
LinkedIn: 
www.linkedin.com/in/vahid-dm/

Ok so I have this data model

Client table with : IdCustomer / SalesRep / Area / CustomerProfil

ProductTable : IdProduct / ProductName / 24StrategicProduct  

SalesTable : IdCustomer /IdProduct  / Sales 

1 - I want to calculate for each customer the number of strategic product he had pruchased.

i did this :  calculate ( distinctcount(SalesTable [IdProduct]), ProductTable[24StrategicProduct]="Yes")

And it Works, when I set up a table with all my customers i do have the count of my stratgic products each clients had purchased. 

2- Now I want to set up a table with my CustomerProfil ( wich contains only 3 values A B C ) and add a measure that return the number of customers who have purchased at least one time all my 24 strategic products.

and i'm stuck in this formula 😞

Tnx 

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I had a similar issue yesterday on one of my projects. The workaround I came up with was to create an intermediate measure for calculating the status based on my condition and then using a SUMX function to calculate count.

So in essence:
[Helper measure] = IF(Sales_Table[24_status]="On target",1,0)
[Final measure] = SUMX(Sales_Table,[Helper measure])

Hopefully this helps and if it does consider accepting this post as a solution!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Unfortunately it doesn't work i have 0 on each row when i put this measure in a table with my sales reps

Okay, a new idea mirroring your original idea: 

Count of onTarget = COUNTROWS(filter(Target,Target[Column1]="OnTarget"))

Test data:

ValtteriN_0-1638956107120.png

End result:

ValtteriN_1-1638956124167.png

My "on target / below target" is a measure not a calculated column soo i can't try this solution 😞

In that case your problem should be identical to the one I had yesterday 🤔. Maybe the problem is then with SUMX table. You mentioned that you used a table with "sales rep" maybe the measure works if you change the dax like so:
SUMX('Sales rep',[Helper measure]) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors