Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax query for dates from different unrelated tables

Hi @Greg_Deckler  I have created a dax measure in power bi but it made the performance of the report very slow. I have two unrelated tables A and table B with dates and I have to get the sum of sales from table A where table A date(month,year) = table B (month,year). So I have created below dax measure

measure = calculate(sum(sales), filter(table A, month(table A) = month(table B)), filter(table A, year(table A) = year(tableB))

measure works fine. But the performance became very slow after getting this measure into the matrix. Please suggest

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , ideally Create a common date table and filter both using the date table aulte

M1 = countrows(tableb)

M2 = Sum(TableA[Value])

M3 = sumx(filter( Values(Date[Date]) , not(Isblank([M1]))) , [M2])

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-when-i-asked-you-to-create-common-tables-a-quick-dax-solution-8e3eccb41bda

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.