Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

osvaldocordeiro
Regular Visitor

DAX formula that parses whether a date is in the current month, before the month, or after the curre

Good morning guys, I need help in the following sense:

If the date is in the current month, it will show a yellow light, if the date is before the month of the current month, it will show a red light and if the date is after the current month, it will show an orange light.

I thank you all!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@osvaldocordeiro , no problem. Do you know you can edit your post? Click on the three vertical dots at the top-right of the post and select Edit Reply

EylesIT_0-1680270024177.png

View solution in original post

Good morning Ajendra,

In addition to your help, we managed to solve the challenge. Thanks a lot for the help.

See how it turned out:

Indicator = VAR DATA_X = DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()), "01") RETURN IF('Portfolio Planning 2023'[Planned Start Period  ].[MonthNo] == MONTH(TODAY()) && YEAR(TODAY()) == 'Portfolio Planning 2023'[Planned Start Period  ].[Year], 0, IF('Portfolio Planning 2023'[Planned Start Period  ]< DATA_X, -1,1))

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
osvaldocordeiro
Regular Visitor

Good morning EylesIT,

In addition to your help, we managed to solve the challenge. Thanks a lot for the help.

See how it turned out:

Indicator = VAR DATA_X = DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()), "01") RETURN IF('Portfolio Planning 2023'[Planned Start Period  ].[MonthNo] == MONTH(TODAY()) && YEAR(TODAY()) == 'Portfolio Planning 2023'[Planned Start Period  ].[Year], 0, IF('Portfolio Planning 2023'[Planned Start Period  ]< DATA_X, -1,1))

Ajendra
Resolver I
Resolver I

C.JPG

Status =
    SWITCH(
        TRUE(),
            MAX(FactTable[Date]) >= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1 &&
                MAX(FactTable[Date]) <=EOMONTH(TODAY(),0), "Yellow",
                MAX(FactTable[Date])<EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1,"#FFCCCB",
                MAX(FactTable[Date])>EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1,"#FFD580")

Try this once!
Use this measure in Conditional formatting >> Find value option

Good morning Ajendra, first I want to thank you for your help. Thank you very much!

I am in need of a calculated column, as the measure did not work in my table. Then, I changed from measure to calculated column, but the result is not working. Look:Screen1.png

Thank you in advance if you can help me complete this challenge!

Good morning Ajendra,

See how it turned out:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@osvaldocordeiro , this is one way. Create a DAX measure 

KPIColour = 
    SWITCH(TRUE()
        ,DATEDIFF(SELECTEDVALUE('Period'[date_from]), NOW(), MONTH) = 0, "Current month - Yellow"
        ,DATEDIFF(SELECTEDVALUE('Period'[date_from]), NOW(), MONTH) >= 0, "Before current month - Red"
        ,DATEDIFF(SELECTEDVALUE('Period'[date_from]), NOW(), MONTH) <= 0, "After current month - Orange"
    )

This uses teh date field [date_from] in my time table called 'period'. When I create a visual and place the fields [date_from] and the measure KPIColour, this is the result:

EylesIT_1-1680187964126.png

Hope this helps.

Good morning EylesIT, first I want to thank you for your help. Thank you very much!

I am in need of a calculated column, as the measure did not work in my table. Then, I changed from measure to calculated column, but the result is not working. Look:Screen1.png

Thank you in advance if you can help me complete this challenge!

Sorry, EylesIT for not putting your name on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@osvaldocordeiro , no problem. Do you know you can edit your post? Click on the three vertical dots at the top-right of the post and select Edit Reply

EylesIT_0-1680270024177.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.