Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Cumulative Total and Cumulative %

I have this cumulative DAX function that is supposed to show the number of days it takes for items to be delivered.

Capture.PNG

But the output doesn't look right i.e. I expect the cumulative % to be higher as per screenshot above. The expected result should be 70%-80% on Day 3

CumulativeTotalDelivered:=IF(MIN(dCalenderDel[Date])>CALCULATE(MAX('DistProfile v1-3'[Delivery]),ALL('DistProfile v1-3')),BLANK(),CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('DistProfile v1-3'),FILTER(ALL(dCalenderDel),dCalenderDel[Date]<=MAX(dCalenderDel[Date]))))

%CumulativeTotalDelivered:=DIVIDE([CumulativeTotalDelivered],CALCULATE([CumulativeTotalDelivered],ALLSELECTED('DistProfile v1-3'[Del Days])))

Note: [Delivery] column contains delivery dates

Here is sample file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cE2Ui4sBlHUwjFExBvcii29lL5o8R2mf/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just change the measure to this

Count:=COUNTROWS(RawData)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nathaniel_C  sorry to tag you but you're the only one I could think of since you assisted me recently in my last DAX issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/DAX-SUM-Positive-Numbers-Only-From-Multiple-C...

Any thoughts on this issue I have with Cumulative total and %? Appreciate any help. 

Thanks.

@Anonymous ,

Thanks for tag, I enjoy working on fun stuff, as long as I can get a pbix, or copy and paste the data into Power Query!

Below is the crux of the code. Hopefully I understood your issue, and what you were looking for as an output. You could fine tune this by using the date time as well.

Here is my pbix file:Delivery percentage 
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Cumulative % =
VAR _currentDay =
    MAX ( Del[No of Days to Deliver] )
VAR _calc =
    CALCULATE ( [Count All], Del[No of Days To Deliver] <= _currentDay )
RETURN
    _calc

along with this.

Count All no really = CALCULATE(COUNT(Del[No of Days To Deliver]),ALL(Del))

The interesting part is that we use the count when we are filtering against the number of days it takes to deliver, but we use Count ALL, no really when we really want the total to not filter against the days, as it is the total.

count delivery 1.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nathaniel_C thank you but unfortunately when applying this to my data model, it doesn't work as intended. It looks correct from your end but not mine. Note: I'm using PowerPivot/PowerQuery in Excel, not PowerBi app so I couldn't open your pbix file.

1. in comparison to my existing DAX measure, the output is not the same as per screenshot below i.e. cumulative total is not the same

2. cumulative % - shouldn't this be 100%?

Capture3.PNG

I've manually double/triple checked my existing DAX measure and I'm confident it works but its just the cumulative % that is not correct i.e. it's showing % delivered by day instead of % cumulative delivered by day

Just to clarify how I use this measure(my existing DAX measure) in pivot table, here is screenshot (by Month) below, I know the measure is correct when I manually sum the % figures of first 3 days for Oct, the sum is 76% delivered on Day 3 which is correct. However, the correct DAX formula should output 76% in Day 3 instead of 36%

Capture2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

So not sure that I am reading this right, but do you average the weeks for the month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No average, I did a manual SUM as a check for my existing measure. The [Delivery] column is a date field which I have linked to a calendar table which I use to break down the dates by day, week, month, etc

Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

So, here is the EXCEL File. Cumulative  Hopefully you can look at that and it will be a tool to figure it out.  Or maybe you can duplicate the measures, using your own table.  This table is the one that you posted for me.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nathaniel_C it still didn't work when I transfered your measure to my data model and I know the reason why. Your measure works perfectly fine but NOT when DATE filters are applied. If you recall my initial measure, it included DATE filter in it. Are you able to edit your measure to include DATE filter in it?

Here is link to your original Excel file including full dataset that I have added to it. I also added a linked calendar table. 

Hi @jdbuchanan71 ?

@Anonymous 

I believe this is what you are looking for?

RunningTotalDelivered.jpg

I have attached the updated .xlsx file, my measures are on the RawData table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71 thank you very much for this, almost perfect, just 1 small tweak. How do I include 0 in the countrows measure

Count:=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('DistProfile v1-3'), KEEPFILTERS('DistProfile v1-3'),'DistProfile v1-3'[Del Days]<>BLANK())

Currently its not counting values in [Del Days] where value = 0

Just change the measure to this

Count:=COUNTROWS(RawData)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors