Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Par37
Regular Visitor

Currency conversion with currency and year filters

I have 4 tables downloaded from the bank regarding exchange rates (CurrencyRates_2020,CurrencyRates_2021, etc.) in which there are columns with currencies, months and exchange rates, in the finance table there are columns amounts, inflows, outflows, date. I also added a table that contains currency column that I used to create the filter.

What I would like to do is create a measure for amounts, outflows and inflows that will convert to the currency selected by the filter in the year selected by the filter. I've only written the part for the selected currency

Par37_0-1681397260376.png

, but I don't know how to add a date filter. I would like it to fetch me data from the file "CurrencyRates_2021" when I select the date 2021 etc.

I wanted to add at the beginning 

IF(AND(ISFILTERED('Currency'[Currency]),ISFILTERED('Consulting Finance'[Year]) [...]

But I have no idea what to write next.

3 REPLIES 3
johnt75
Super User
Super User

I think it would simplify matters considerably if you merge the tables together in Power Query so that you only have 1 table to get values from.

I thought about it, but these are tables downloaded from the bank's website, so the data from 2023 will be updated. I'm not sure if I merge these tables into one, will the data update.

As long as you set a scheduled refresh in the Power BI service then they will update. You could also choose not to reload the older versions, which won't change, by right clicking on the query in Power Query editor and unticking "include in report refresh".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.