Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mbrown19

Creating groups based on scenario value outcomes

Hi there, I hope you can help!!

As an output, I need a table which counts the number of hours of an activity, against the size of the activity (grouped) e.g.

0-9        30.00

10-19    2.00

As a benchmark for scenario planning I have done this by creating bins, and am using a measure to sum up as appropriate.

However, I need to create scenarios. There are two scenarios within the same output:

(1) Scenario value increases or decreases the number of total hours but the size remains the same - this I have managed using the same bins as in the benchmark. The actual duration calc is based on a total number of attendees/size of the group = no. of events to run * duration. This is the scenario where we expect multiple of the same event to run.

(2) Where there is only one event running, the scenario value applies to the number of attendees instead - the duration will not fluctuate

I need to then combine these outputs into the one table as above, so we can see the change in hours (resultant from scen1), and the change in distribution across the size bands (resultant from scen2(. We don't need a distinction between scen 1 and 2 in the final table.

The problem is that the outputs from scenario (2) are still based on the original event size and not on the scenario size output, and I don't know how to group them so it recognises the new value rather than the original.

Hope that makes sense - appreciate any helps as this is driving me mad!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, not able to understand this. Please have a look at this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors