Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Caiz
Frequent Visitor

Combining Values to Display in a Line Chart

I am new to Power BI, and have a line chart that I would like to display the tickets that are marked with the status: Open and Closed/Resolved. Closed and Resolved are different statuses, however I would like to combine the values for each month's number of tickets marked as this because they basically have the same meaning.

How do I combine the Closed & Resolved values, so that it only displays as a single line instead of 2 separate ones (as shown below)?

Ticket Status Per Month.PNG

I would appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1611283077078.png

works fine for me, can you share how you writed the dax? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey try a measure like this: 

measure = calculated(sum(columnvalue),status="Closed") + calculated(sum(columnvalue),status="Resolved")

if this solved your question please give some kudos and mark as solution for others to find it.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Hi Stefano, if I used calculate I get the error: "A function 'CALCULATE' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed."

Same with FILTER:

"function 'FILTER' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed."

I have used this:

ClosedResolved = CALCULATE(SUM('Tickets'[Status]), FILTER ('Tickets', 'Tickets'[Status] = "Closed") + CALCULATE(SUM('Tickets'[Status]), FILTER ('Tickets', 'Tickets'[Status] = "Resolved")))

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1611283077078.png

works fine for me, can you share how you writed the dax? 

Thanks for your help, it works now! I changed it from SUM to COUNT:

Closed & Resolved = CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[Status]), 'Tickets'[Status] = "Closed") + CALCULATE(COUNT('Tickets'[Status]), 'Tickets'[Status] = "Resolved")

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors