Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bryanna
Helper II
Helper II

All Imported Tables to be turned into a Slicer

Hi!

I have imported around 15 tables for this PBI Dashboard and added them all into a table visual. Is there a way to create a slicer that depending on which table it originated from that it will slice the table below. So for example Total Headcount and Overtime % are from the 'Employee Table' while Total Hours Worked and Total Injuries are from the 'Safety Table'. I would like to create a slicer type visual that puts each Column into Categories (Employee, Safety, etc) that when selected will filter the table below. 

Bryanna_1-1673976861472.png

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bryanna 

If you put all columns to the table visual, althrough the Total Headaccount is blank, but other columns are not blank, such as New Terms, you need to remove them, and only put the measure to the table visual, and can you provide the pbix file or the relationship between the tables?

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Bryanna
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I was able to create a Measure Slicer Table. Looking for other ideas however instead of using BLANK. Right now when you select the category in the slicer the table just blanks out the rows but i would like them to disappear instead. Below is the DAX used to create the slicer table.

Total_Injuries = if(contains('Measure Slicer','Measure Slicer'[Measure],"Safety Data"), [Total Injuries],BLANK())

Any ideas would be helpful!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors