Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ghaines
Helper II
Helper II

Formatting for active slicer

I have a number of slicers on a page, many of them need to be drop down type, and it would be helpful to give the user some kind of feedback that a particular slicer is active.  I'm trying to make the background vary using a measure (adding a green tinge if the slicer is being used).  Is there a measure that I can use to detect if the slicer is actively being used?  ISFILTERED is only working if there is another filter acting on it from externally

IF(ISFILTERED('Regions'[Region]),
"rgba(192,255,255,0.2)",
"rgba(255,255,255,0.2)"
)

I also tried

SemiTransRegion =
VAR OptionsCount = COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED('Regions'[Region]))
VAR SelectedCount = DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK('Regions'[Region])

RETURN
IF(OptionsCount <> SelectedCount,
"rgba(192,255,255,0.2)","rgba(255,255,255,0.2)")

I'm not even sure if each of these VAR is evaluating to "all options" or "selected options", since I can't see their values within the same slicer visual, and if I return the colour and the VAR in separate measures in a table, they do not change in the same way as they must be in the slicer, as I get results in the table that should be useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ghaines
Helper II
Helper II

I found a solution using no background for the slicer, with a shape behind with colour defined using ISFILTERED.  I believe there is no solution to change the background directly as per the initial spec.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ghaines
Helper II
Helper II

I found a solution using no background for the slicer, with a shape behind with colour defined using ISFILTERED.  I believe there is no solution to change the background directly as per the initial spec.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors