Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tomwill
Employee
Employee

Chiclet slicer won't update to 2.0.5.0, now not rendering in service: how to I force update?

I know this is the dev forum but hoping the answer to my specific problem will also shed light on how Custom Visuals work.

For three months now all the Chiclet Slicers in my .pbix files have a warning icon with this message:

tomwill_0-1685116446020.png

I have tried numerous times to update from AppSource but it won't go away. I also exported to .pbit and unzipped and the version appears to be the current one but the message still shows

tomwill_1-1685116552058.png

This was just an annoyance but today at least one of my reports stopped displaying the visual. My users just see a blank. I don't know if the two are related but I figured this nagging issue is a place to start. EDIT: the report showing the blank behavior is a Live Connection so I can't unzip it.

Is there some sort of cache or reference to the old version that could be causing this? If so how do I clear it?

1 REPLY 1
pbi_learn

pbi_learn_0-1689956993497.png

Hi @tomwill i have a similar issue i have a report with chiclet slicer 2.0.5 with live connection to a dataset and it works fine on desktop version. as soon as i publish the report on service it just shows blank and the visual doesn´t load as seen on the image. not sure if there´s something to fix this i made sure the dataset and the report both had the 2.0.5 version of the visual , maybe the live connection thing? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors