Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Vi_

scroll bar shows up after I publish to Power BI Service

Hi there, 

Do you know how to hide scroll bar in Power BI report?   In my case,  scroll bar doesn't show up in Power BI desktop when I edit it.  

Vi__0-1707010215371.png

Vi__1-1707010330085.png

Please help. 

Many thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use a smaller font.  Neither Power BI Desktop nor Power BI Service give any rendering guarantees. If you need pixel perfect rendering you need to use paginated reports.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jkaelin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Nobody has answered his original question.  His question is WHY are scroll bars showing up when they are not displayed in Designer.  I'm having the same issue.  Does anyone know why scroll bars are showing up when there is adequate space for the visual in designer?

Thanks,

The scrollbars are showing up because neither Power BI Desktop nor Power BI Service give any rendering guarantee across browsers, magnifications, screen ratios, screen sizes etc.  If you want pixel perfect rendering you need to use paginated reports.  For all other scenarios leave enough whitespace.

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Vi_ 

It's almost impossible to hide scrollbars on specific visuals in the Power BI service, because the default behavior of Power BI is to automatically display scrollbars based on the visual's content.

If you don't want the scrollbar to appear, you can try resizing the visual to make sure it's tall enough to show everything.

Limit the display of data by using slicers or filters.

Hiding the scroll bar can affect the user's experience, as the user may not be able to easily browse or view all the data.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use a smaller font.  Neither Power BI Desktop nor Power BI Service give any rendering guarantees. If you need pixel perfect rendering you need to use paginated reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors