Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BI_Rutan
Employee
Employee

"Save As" not available under "File"

Hi,

I'm the appointed SME of PowerBI in my team and I've now seen several examples where other people in my team don't have the option under File to Save as when creating a report from a datasource (in this example, we're mainly working with the Azure health report). Is this a user setting? Or is it related to the user's access to Starlight? I've seen another thread on the forum and these users have definitely not exceeded 10 report, they only on the first.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SDP
Frequent Visitor

Wanted to add to this, the behavior with the missing "Save As" option under "File" only applies to data sets you add directly from inside the Workspace Group. If I share a dataset with the Workspace Group, click explore on that shared dataset and build a report, the "Save As" option is available. If I add the dataset from a new data connection, in this case Analysis Services, click explore and start building a report, no "Save As" option is available. If I click on a different dataset it pops up a message to save the current report, which I can do from that dialog, but I can't just go to File and Save As. Looks like a bug to me.

SDP
Frequent Visitor

I am running in to exactly the same thing. While using Power BI online (not the desktop) and working from inside a Group Workspace where everyone has edit rights. First I create a dataset which uses my SSAS connector, connects to a tabular model we created on prem. I then click explore under the new dataset  and I can now start building my report. When I go to the File button to "Save As" there is no "Save As" option. File does not have any options available to me. If I click on a different dataset I get a message to save my currnet report and only then can I save this report. This behavior makes no sense and I have been able to reproduce it consistently. 

@BI_Rutan One, my guess is that you are referencing internal Microsoft sources in your question. This being a public forum, we would have no idea about that (and depending on references - you may want to delete). Second, there is no 10 limit on reports any longer. And finally, what area are they trying to save in, their workspace, a group workspace?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors