Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wellington491

problems scheduling an update through a gateway.

Hello, I'm having trouble scheduling a service update through a gateway.

I have some PB panels that connect to SQL Server through a custom port. So when I have the panel on PB Desktop, it works perfectly. Now, when I post to PB Online, I am unable to enable an update update. I installed the gateway and it connected perfectly. But when I create the schedule, I get a true credentials error.

https://i.ibb.co/9vtyjgq/Suporte-BI1.png

https://i.ibb.co/6DGkfkG/Suporte-BI2.png

I decided to do a test using a homologation base that configured with a standard of SQL Server 1433 and PB Online updated without problems. Is there any other configuration to be done so that a port other than the standard SQL Server port can be used?

Thank you !!!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wellington491 ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help other members in the community find the solution easily if they face the similar problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wellington491 ,

As @lbendlin suggested, please update the server name with the format: SQLInstance, Port. You can refer the solution in this similar threadPlease use the same setting of data source in Power BI Service with the one in Power BI Desktop.

After updated the server name of data source, please save it and check if it can connect successfully. If yes, please navigate to Dataset Setting page to use the data source for schedule refresh.

add data source.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to use a comma to separate the server name from the port, not a colon.

server,1436

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors